|Full Name||Patrick Kevin de Ritter|
|Date of birth||March 1st in Rotterdam|
|Location||Leiden, the Netherlands|
I am a driven and ambitious Cloud & Mobility specialist with 5 years of experience in deploying and administration of RDS, Citrix, Office 365 and MDM solutions, based in Leiden, the Netherlands, where I live with my partner of 7 years.
I have worked in IT since 2008, after I stopped pursuing my Bachelor of Computer Science in college. I wanted to stop learning from books and to start doing what I like: working with computers. After more than 10 years in this line of work, I have acquired my knowledge by doing and building on the job as well as off work, and have specialized myself in cloud productivity and mobility solutions.
Current and former co-workers and relations describe me as resourceful, persistent and passionate about the technologies I work with. My other qualities are out-of-the-box thinking and my joy in teaching others about what I do.
I do charity and pro-bono work for several local and rural media outlets via the CyberMediaWorld foundation. We give training to young and talented audiovisual presenters and staff as well as providing technical advice to management and technical staff on achieving top-grade quality on a small budget.
When I’m off work, I love to cook, and discover music. I like to play squash and tennis, as well as a plethora of competitive and leisure video games.
Cloud Specialist at The Sourcing Company | since July 2017
I am a cloud specialist in a team of 8 people, in which I provide support and do projects for (semi-) large customers in the Legal, Public and Healthcare sectors. Responsibilities consist of third-line support, management of RDS Server 2012 & RDS Server 2016 environments, accountable for back-up and restores using System Center DPM and Azure Backup, and doing changes to the general server infrastructure.
- Senior System Administrator Managed Services at Groupe OPEN Netherlands | July 2014 - July 2017
- Senior Support Engineer at Vopak (via Groupe OPEN Netherlands) | March 2013 - July 2014
- Senior Support Engineer at Sanoma Media (via Groupe OPEN Netherlands) | June 2012 - March 2013
- System Administrator (SME) at Tepucom | January 2010 - June 2012
- Data Collection Engineer at Migration Heroes | February 2008 - January 2010
Higher General Secondary Education (HAVO) at Einstein Lyceum | 2000 - 2007
Major: Science and Chemistry
- Specialist: Server Virtualization with Windows Server Hyper-V and System Center
- MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure - Certified 2018
- MCSE: Mobility
- MCSE: Server Infrastructure
- MCSA: Windows Server 2016
- MCSA: Windows 10
- MCSA: Office 365
- VMware VCP6: Data Center Virtualization
- Citrix CCP: Virtualization (expired June 2018)
- RES Certified Administrator 2014
- EXIN ITIL v3 Foundation
- Cambridge ESOL Certificate in Advanced English